DIY: Revamped planter stand

I found this tired little plant stand for $2. I wanted to do something to jazz it up a little bit and make it more funky. I had a bunch of jars laying around so this is how it went down:

planter1 planter2 planter2a

After sanding it back lightly, I used painters tape to create a herringbone print so that some of the original wood would still be visible and used a subtle yellowy mustard tone that I made up from acrylic paints that I already had.

planter3 planter4 planter5

After that I painted the tops of the the jars with some complimentary colours and wrapped the jars with twine to finish them off. Then I added some great low maintenance plants and voila!

planter6 planter7 planter8

Happy with how this one turned out :)

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 52 other followers

%d bloggers like this: